Sunday, March 18, 2012

Faux Democracy


It was helpful to pretend it was a democracy. Like seriously! No one cares about the system. The citizens all live a lie and I am part of it. I just do not know what to do about this. I do want to fix it. I just do not know if that is my purpose. If I do fix it, I do not know how. Consulting my mother never helps. All she does is make suggestions. She is a broken record. Anyways, I want this project or whatever to be my own. I will do it all on my own.
I do need help but if I want it to be my own, I need to keep my ideas, plans, and so forth to myself. Right? If I am reconstructing all this mess, I need others. They may disagree with my ideas. I guess I will start on it.
After five years, my comrades and I have accomplished much. I think maybe I am divinely guided. I know it. My father disagreed with me for as long as he lived. Now, he’s dead. I wish he can see me now. I am now a member of the legislature. My constituents believe that I am right. We need to eradicate the enemy. Identifying them will be difficult. However, I think this may work. I am being stretched beyond my capabilities lately. In retrospect, I have been dependable. I have done my very best. I know I can berate myself for making a mistake here or there. Berating myself never helps. I know I need help. That is all I need right now. I am glad I have the support of my mother.
After ten years, we eliminated the enemy. They are just vile people. It is easier to consider them evil. I am not proud of those deeds. I am not proud of the laws I made. I am not proud of the deals that have been drawn. Life is so gray. Maybe, I am not divinely guided. I can admit that to my closest friends and my mother. They agree with me though. I guess that is all that matters. The election is quite taxing. I do not know if I can become the president. I do not know where to begin. I know that my purpose has been to do something like this. If I am going to fix things, I need to be in this position.
After the election, that controversial ending is all that people care about. The votes have been counted and recounted and recounted. They accepted the fact that I am now the president-elect. I suppose people do not fully approve of the role I played in taking care of the enemy. I had a great deal of support. I think I can fix the democracy still. The changes I instituted so far are small. Things build up slowly. I am taking baby steps. My vision is to change the world.
After changing the world, I have to look back. What’s next? All I can do is think about how much I kept to myself. My supporters are obviously threatened by my power. I can enforce whatever I want. It is nice. I have to throw some people in deathfire to die. My father deserved that. He did not deserve to be poisoned. I just could not think of anything else. I had to have the enemy beheaded. How else can you be sure they are dead? The election…where to begin with that? Oh well, I sent my unconscious mother to deathfire. She had waited her whole life for this, and now she was missing it.


- Chris D.

No comments:

Post a Comment